Old Greys Union – Europe Branch (‘’OGE’’) and the Old Grey Europe Charitable Trust (“OGECT”) are committed to protecting your personal information.
- The OGE Website (www.oldgreyeurope.com) and its related subdomains;
- OGE social media channels;
- Emails sent via the OGE website ‘contact us’ form.
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
- What information OGE and OGECT may collect about you;
- How OGE and OGECT will use information we collect about you;
- When OGE and OGECT may use your details to contact you;
- Whether OGE and OGECT will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data that might expose you to serious risk.
Data Protection and Privacy
OGE and OGECT will only collect the following personal information:
- Full Name;
- Year of Matriculation;
- Contact details;
OGE and OGECT will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To contact you with information about OGE events, OGE members and the OGECT;
- To contact you about a submission you have made via the OGE website ‘contact us’ form;
- To contact you about including any content you provide for the OGE Website;
- To deal with your requests and enquiries;
- To use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- To notify you of any changes to OGE and OGECT policies and practices.
The OGE Chairman and OGE Secretary (the data controllers) control the personal information
- OGE uses a third party database Mailchimp for maintaining your details and for sending bulk communications. The data is password protected and accessible only to the data controllers;
- OGE will periodically share personal details with Old Grey Union in Port Elizabeth to ensure that they have up-to-date information as communicated by you to OGE;
Where OGE proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we
notify you first. When we do this, we will provide further information about why we are using your
information and how we will use it, and obtain your consent in advance where needed.
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
If you no longer wish us to hold your personal information, you may delete your information at any time.
You have the following rights under the GDPR in respect of your personal information held by us:
(a) to access your personal data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal information OGE holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected;
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (this information is set out in this Policy);
(c) to have your personal data corrected where necessary (please contact us promptly should you become aware of any incorrect or out-of-date information);
(d) to have your personal data erased;
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed;
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business.
You also have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
+44 30 3123 1113